So I was having a nose through my blogging buddy Jenn’s posts over at And The Beat Goes and I stumbled across this 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge:
Week #1 is Why Start This Challenge? I thought the challenge sounds really interesting and, despite already being 8 weeks behind, I might like to give it a go. I really like the idea of speaking about some things I am grateful for and paying it forward. Immediately there were some topics I felt would come quite easy to me but at the same I could also see some weeks that would serve to challenge me and it was this element I was drawn to. As I’m so far behind I thought I’d take the opportunity to tie weeks #1 and #2 together and kill two birds with one stone.
Week #2 is Spouse / Significant Other. This is my Jase and me, or Ade as he is known to his friends as they think he bears a resemblance to Ade Edmondson. We are collectively referred to as Jelly and Ade. We have been together for 12 years this year and married for 7 years.
I guess I could add another mushfest warning and gush relentlessly about why I love him so much. I could also add reasons why I remind him on a regular basis I am a super nut about CSI, Law & Order and Criminal Minds. Not only could I murder him and dispose of his body, I’m pretty confident I could get away with it.
In the interest of sticking to the post subject rather than going off on a tangent I’m just going to share a few reasons I am grateful to my Ade:
- Being the best dad you can be to our son
- Supporting me through some of the most difficult times a couple can go through
- Always writing on the wrong side of a card
- Letting me cry and shout and even give you the silent treatment during our difficulties
- Maybe an old, outdated, unPC thing but being a great provider
- Knowing that my crumpets need double dipping at a minimum
- Leaving me the last diet coke when there is only one left
- Texting me every morning to ask if I’m ok and I slept alright
- Doing my hot water bottle for me, even though you can’t deal with that dodgy top
- For being everything I need you to be, and even some things I don’t
Now this isn’t a tagging kind of post but I’m hoping some of my blogging buddies take part as I’m looking forward to reading some responses. I will probably cheat and tie my next few posts together just so I can catch up quicker. Even if you don’t want to take part in the challenge how about sharing something you are grateful for?