I realise we are half way through January already but I thought my first official blog post should relate to my goals for the new year. I’ve never been a huge fan of resolutions. I think it’s just a sure fire way to set yourself up for disappointment and all the feels that come with not achieving a firm target you have set yourself. So I’ve decided to go with goals. I guess technically they are essentially the same thing but I can compartmentalise not achieving my goals a lot easier than failing to keep to my resolutions. I want to embrace the warm and fuzzy nature of a goal rather than the challenge of a resolution.
With that in mind here are my current goals for 2017. I’m going to start with 7 in 2017. I expect these to change throughout the year, some may drop off and new ones maybe added but I shall update you all along the way:
- Start my blogging journey and as you can guess this one is already underway. I’ve skirted with the idea before but I really decided to give it a go after The Curve Fashion Festival 2016. I have to say I’m actually really quite excited. To that end I have to insert a couple of “thanks” here. In no particular order…My friends Vikki and Lisa, My #Squad Zoey and Nickey, My little sister Jodie and big thanks for helping with the technical side and bouncing ideas / visuals to Clare from NeonRainbowBlog and the gorgeamondo Lottie L’Amour. I should also thank Claire from Aloha Lola Cards for my awesome logo and header.
- Try new things. Push the envelope. I’ve naturally always taken the most difficult route just to push my boundaries and abilities but I have recently felt this slipping a bit so 2017 is going to be the year I grab it with both hands.
- Be fitter. Don’t confuse this with weight loss. It’s in no way about that. I just want to exercise and end the year fitter than I am now. This also ties in with my next goal…
- …Learn to dance. I can dance. I have rhythm. Trust me when my tunes comes on I turn it out but this is more than that. I’d like to take lessons. I’d love to learn to Jive (hence the fitness and most definitely an industrial strength sports bra) or maybe Tango, particularly the Argentine Tango.
- Master walking in heels again. Pre-children I almost always wore heels. I love them. There is something transformational about a fantastic pair of heels. Then I got pregnant and I found something else to love. The flip flop. Boy are these babies comfortable but in my lust for comfort I compromised my ability to be able to walk in heels without looking like I’ve just ridden a horse for 24 hours non stop. This most definitely needs to be addressed.
- Meet more people. I’ve made some amazing friends online and these friendships have helped me, sometimes during very dark times and I’d like to make 2017 the year I meet some of these wonderful people. I had the pleasure of starting this in 2016 and I’m desperate for it to carry on throughout 2017.
- Reignite my love of reading. I really do love reading a good book. My kindle is best for ease but I also really enjoy lying in the bath with a good old fashioned paperback. I usually read my indie published chick lit on my kindle (yes all Fabio on the cover and talk of pulsing members) and horror/thriller in the bath. I don’t know quite how it happened to be honest. To begin with I was reading 4 or 5 books a week, right through the night, epic book hangovers then right out of left field I got readers block and as hard as I try I’m struggling to manage at least 1 a month. I’ve got so many great titles to read I must get going again.
I’m keen for 2017 to be known as “The Year of More”…
So what goals do you have for 2017 or do you not do goals or resolutions? Let me know.