This is take two as in my infinite wisdom I stupidly managed to delete my first attempt, which by the way was freaking awesome, but hey ho.
I am usually quite the Chatty Cathy but it’s really difficult for me to know what to put here so I’ll start with “Hello” and thanks for stopping by. I’m not really sure what is going on with me at the moment but I kind of feel like I’m wrapped up in my dressing gown with a toe dipped in the Plus Size community pool. This is about to change though as I’m ready to ditch the gown, serve up fatty in a bikini and dive bomb the deep end. This is a journey for me. I don’t know I should be labeling myself a blogger yet but that’s what I aspire to and I’m excited / apprehensive and thank you for choosing to follow me and my trials and tribulations. I feel a bit like the new kid at school.
So about me. My name is Kelly Fletcher and I’m 38 (soon to be 39 as my ever growing Amazon Wish List will confirm – optimistic right). I’m fortunate enough to be married to my best friend and we have a 10 year old son and a forever almost 2 year old angel daughter. I am a UK size 24, a shortie at 5’4” with dinky UK size 4 feet. Proof that good things do come in small packages.
I thought the best way for you to get to know me would be with some perfectly random facts. I’m going to give you all 13 as that is one of my lucky numbers. My other lucky number is “Kelly’s Eye #1” but giving you only one fact would of been pretty pointless if the objective is getting to know more about me.
- I can say my alphabet backwards and have been able to since I was 5 years old.
- My nickname is Jelly (shocker right). I am also known as Stumpy.
- I received an Outstanding Achievement award in Secondary School. Previous years there had been multiple recipients but for 1994 there was just me. My name is on a board in the school hall.
- In 2010 I started a charitable organisation and to date I have raised over £10,000 to support families affected by Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which is the condition that affected our daughter.
- I am a self confessed bibliophile with a penchant for mummy porn by self published indie authors. My love of books has led me to form friendships with a number of published authors and I even have a dedication in an actual book. At my peak I was devouring 4 or 5 books a week but I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit lately. I am looking forward to rekindling my love.
- I was born without a right hand. Well I have a stump (hence the nickname) as my hand did not fully form in utero. I do however have some little nubbins. I am known to draw faces on him and went through a stage of thinking he deserved his own Instagram account. I’ve not written this possibility off.
- I’m a huge Carpool Karaoke fan and can often lose 2 or 3 hours watching clips on YouTube over and over again. My favourites include Sia, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and Stevie Wonder…oh and Coldplay and maybe Red Hot Chili Peppers – in fact it’s quite hard to pick a favourite. I’m hoping that they will do a Justin Timberlake one.
- I turned down a job as a 40 ton tipper driver.
- I have a furbaby named Betsy. She is my substitute baby.
- I am a carrier for the defective gene which causes Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which is a genetic neuromuscular condition.
- Despite only having one hand I achieved an A Grade in my Keyboard Skills GCSE.
- I adore Diet Coke. It’s pretty much the only thing I drink at home. I don’t down like 15 cans a day but I do love a nice ice cold can of diet coke.
- Aside from diet coke my other love is tea but it has to be made by someone else as it always tastes better. My go to brand is Twinings English Breakfast and most of my best cups of tea come from Dad as he was a builder so is grand at making a proper good strong cup of builder’s tea.
As an observation I also use the word so a lot. So I think that’s enough about me for now. Not bad for someone who was struggling to know what to say to start with. I bet you are wishing I’d shut up now. If you want to contact me you can reach me here on Instagram or Twitter. If there is anything you’d like me to feature or tackle please let me know. I’m looking forward to getting to know you.